Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Feel Good Purchases for Your Walls

Another reason to buy from the Shop for a Better World selection at macys.com:


I love the graphic punch the black and white African bowls give the walls in this Carleton Varney-designed kitchen. I also love the styling of this shot; Cornflakes and lemons and stripes, oh my!

This 1929 Wisconsin cottage is featured in this month's issue of House Beautiful. While you can see the whole slide show here, I recommend picking up the print version of this issue. HB is getting a few funny jabs in here and there lately. Last month it was singling out some of the most ridiculous quotes from popular design books, this month little gems are hidden in home-makeover TV show reviews. My personal favorite was this snarky bit about some lame HGTV show. I'm glad someone said it!



Here are a few more favorite bits from the Varney cottage. He certainly knows how to pick the best prints, whether it's Dorothy's rhodies on curtains, his own black and white botanical wallpaper or graphic orange China Seas on a duvet.





all images by Mikkel Vang for House Beautiful
TV Review by Carol Prisant

To purchase Carleton Varney and Dorothy Draper products, click here. Do it now. Seriously, On Safari Green just absolutely rocks:


To check out China Seas Fabrics, click here.

2 comments:

Madison said...

My mom loves this issue. We were just talking about the african baskets! Of course, me being the rookie interior design follower that I am, thought that the baskets were plates at first. Silly me!!

thebubbreport said...

You should check out the shop for a better world site at Macys.com. It's a really cool program, and the products are amazing! The black and white bowls were my favorite already, and they look really good here. I like how he integrated all that preppy and regency with some African pieces.