Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Liberace, Versace, like, la Cucarachee...









I write about design all the time but I don't think I've ever described a space as accurately or hilariously as Bethenny Frankel described the newly redecorated Casa de Zarin on The Real Housewives of NYC last night. I died. This is so worth sitting in front of my Samsung and rewinding and freezing the screen to try and get snapshots. HELLO BRAVO.TV.COM - YOU NEED TO HAVE A TOUR OF THE JOINT ON YOUR WEBSITE!



I also died that Jill said a few weeks ago "I'm tired of being traditional girl. It's time for me to be Mid-Century Modern girl." Oh Jill, that is NOT Mid-Century Modern. It's like Jonathan Adler and Kelly Wearstler got high together and tripled all of their Hollywood Regency style. Literally, I counted at least three pairs of identical turquoise foo dogs in there!


The hallway is like a funhouse, complete with crazy mirror:


One foo, two foo, red foo, blue foo....


Who the hell leaves their place settings out on the table to collect dust besides bad model home stagers? Oh, and don't even get me started on those mirrored "P" "O" "P" side tables - hilarious. Brad certainly did mark his territory ALL OVER that apartment. Here he tries to convince Jill that they are beautiful works of custom sculpture, especially once you put stuff on top of them(!?):


One last quote from Bethenny: "It's like Ivana Trump. There are like, things dangling from everywhere!"

6 comments:

Andi-A said...

LOL I really liked the "P O P" tables, Becky do you know where I can find them?(Just Kidding :) ) I did like the letters just kept wishing they spelled something more relevant to Jill. So Brad gets to be that designer. I so envy that designer that gets to whirlwind thru homes, burn up a budget, tell the client that they the client love it, then bill some huge outrageous amount. *Sigh.

OMG I thought it was so sweet of the freak husband to play tennis with the flu. Mario and Ramona together make you feel like hunting some sedatives down. Geeesh WTH with the stupid tennis game that had to be. Looooved Ramona talking about it's disrespectful if Jill had chosen a pro or Simon. Who has time for this, thier glad she agreed at all. I agree with Bethanny I couldn't do the frenemies thing like Jill and Ro. Ro would have to be a wave to across the large ballroom, she makes me so nervous just watching her on tv.

thebubbreport said...

I suppose they could spell O.P.P., but I'm not sure if Jill is a Naughty by Nature fan...

Andi-A said...

Ha I could see her and Brad boppin around to that. Did you like the walls? Was that venetian plaster?

thebubbreport said...

Andi, I thought on that Harlequin blue wall w/ the gold it was some sort of PYTHON underneath, or python texture anyway! They had even covered the built-in speaker in the blue and gold!

HA! I just got an image of Brad dancing with the tables, bopping around to "OPP, how can I 'splain it, I take it frame by frame it..."

LOVING. LIVING. SMALL. said...

Great blog and sense of humor! (OPP) funny, I love home design and the good, the bad and the ugly of reality tv too plus we have the same name.

As far as Jill UES condo (love that they always point our where the gals live), I am not sure about it. Yes, it's over the top, gilded and decadent but I wonder if she really feels like can "live" there? Although I can see Brad living there.

Fun recap post! Rebecca :)

Anonymous said...

I just love Bethanny. She is so cool, collected and hilarious. She speaks her mind and chooses her words such accuracy and wit and does it with style and class.