Thursday, May 26, 2011

Jay Mohr's Real Housewives of New Jersey Blog


If you didn't happen to catch Jay Mohr on Watch What Happens Live, you missed out. He's hilarious, and managed to be very gracious to the wreck of O.C. plastic surgery sitting next to him (I forget which one it was, but that could describe a few of them). Well now he's writing a recap blog on Bravo and it's hilarious. Here's just a tiny taste:

Melissa in her interviews continually pounds away at Teresa and Joe. It's hard to take much of what she says seriously, because she is constantly mixing in, "Praise Jesus!" "Praise Jesus!" is a very effective and powerful thing to say, but when you say it at the wrong time, it comes across as kind of creepy. Example: "I was taught to be a wife in the kitchen, a lady public, and a whore in the bedroom. Praise Jesus!" 
 and:
In the "thank goodness there was no second take department," Melissa praises her husband's "work ethnic." Moments later Joe expresses how much he loves his wife because of her incredible "worth ethic." Outstanding.
and:
Am I the only one noticing that none of the houses on the show are baby-proofed? While getting ready for Giuseppe's christening, Adriana made it down three flights of stairs and brewed herself a pot of coffee.

Way to go Bob Sugar; great recaps so far! Personally, I feel that there is just too much to say while literally sitting here with my jaw on the ground, absolutely speechless after these shows. I'm loving reading Jay's take, it's so much funnier than anything I could come up with myself. I will say I really appreciated the cameraman who shot through this cross while all of the "F*** YOU! I WILL F***ING KILL YOU"s were going on in the background, while grown men tried to kill each other in the middle of the klassiest kristening in the world. Speaking of "classy", I've decided that every time one of these cast members uses the word "class," an angel loses its wings a baby gets its ears pierced.

By the way, I've never seen Jay's act, have you? It's now on my to-do list. Check out his upcoming dates here.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

oh lord, thank you this. did you read this week's recap yet?

"If any of the Housewives are going to eat Peyote buttons and use telepathy to talk to the bushes, my money's on Kathy. "

genius.